Everett C. McNear was born in Minneapolis, Minnesota in 1904 and studied at the Minneapolis School of Fine Art and Design. He moved to Chicago and became heavily involved in the art and design scene. He was a member of the Arts Club of Chicago and he won numerous prizes for artworks he exhibited at the Art Institute of Chicago, the Art Directors Club of Chicago, the Illinois State Museum and the Art Guild of Chicago. He was a prominent graphic designer in Chicago and was involved in exhibitions at the Art Institute of Chicago for graphics.
McNear and his wife were benefactors of what was then the Notre Dame Art Gallery (now the Snite Art Museum); they served on the advisory panel and Everett did the initial gallery installation design for the Snite Museum. McNear donated hundreds of his own works to the Snite, plus pieces from his collection including works by Alexander Archipenko, Cameron Booth and Edmund D. Kinzinger, in addition to African sculptures; Flemish, Spanish, and Italian manuscript pages; Persian paintings and Peruvian textiles.
Work Available For Sale