A noted woman artist from Cincinnati, Ohio, Mrs. Faig studied with Frank Duveneck and also with Charles Hawthorne. She was a member of the Cincinnati MacDowell Society, The Cincinnati Women’s Art Club, the Cincinnati Society of Professional Artists and the Southern States Art League. She was married to John T. Faig, professor of mechanical engineering and president from 1918 to 1951 of the Ohio Mechanics Institute, now the College of Applied Science.
In addition to the Engineering Library murals at the University of Cincinnati, Mrs. Faig painted murals of the Miami and Erie canals in Hartwell High School in 1927 and 1939 and of the Cincinnati hills in the Woman’s City Club. In 1932 she painted murals in Western Hills High School depicting transportation, architecture and dress in Cincinnati. These murals were restored in 1974.
Work Available For Sale